The kids are still hanging in there. E busted her lip on a rocking horse at school but she wasn't nearly as worried about it as the teachers. I think she only cried because they made her get off.
G had me read a book tonight called "That Makes Me So Mad!" I asked him what makes him so mad. He said, "Going to school."
I asked, "Any school or this school?"
"This school."
"Why?"
"Because I am nervous."
Knowing that Day Three may possibly be my last day on the island for a while and knowing that the next school change will be the last for hopefully a really long time is what gets me through these moments.
G and I went on to finish the book and had extra snuggles before bed. We also read "Gregory the Terrible Eater," and I told a story. The same story I always tell. He likes that consistency and sets me straight if I get any part out of order. I told him I was proud of him for being so brave with all the new things and so many changes. I think he liked that.

No comments:
Post a Comment