Friday, October 10, 2008

Moving On

My 3-year-old son and I ate our McDonalds breakfast in the car outside his preschool one morning this week. He said, "Look Mommy, there's my church."

I asked, "Do you pray in there?"

He said, "Yes," and then thought for a moment.

"No, we talk to God."

He said it helps him not be so angry.


When we got into his classroom, his teacher told me he had a problem yesterday. His chair wouldn't push in, and he said "Stupid chair! It pisses me off!"

His teacher explained that he can't talk that way at school, and I assured her that he can't talk that way at home. Though I'm certain he heard my husband or me lose our cool recently and make a similar exclamation.


Before I left, she gave me a basket of toys and chocolate from one of the other students. I walked as fast as I could to the car before the dam broke. Everyone here is so kind, and my son is just barely hanging on at times. The thought of moving him again makes me sick and dizzy.

We will be headed back near the Gulf Coast on Friday. Just another Band-Aid fix for now.

1 comment:

merry said...

OMG, I went from laughing to tears too quickly!